Serves 4 as a side
Recipe Cost: £2.18
Cost Per Portion: £0.55
Cauliflower cous cous is on of those things that if you have ever been on well known Slimming plans, you will hear about a lot! The problem with it is that it can be very bland, our recipe changes that and gives you a delicious very low fat, low carb gluten free alternative to rice
1 Medium cauliflower cut into bitesize chunks. Remove as much of the tough stalks as possible.
1-2 tsp The Greedy Fox Mexican Seasoning (Or whatever Greedy Fox seasoning takes your fancy, we think the Caribbean works beautifully we this too)
1/2 Red pepper diced
1/2 Small white onion roughly diced
Handful chopped parsley
Handful chopped coriander
Handful pomegranate seeds [optional]
Fry light or your oil of choice.
1) Pulse cauliflower in a blender [If you haven’t got a blender use the course side on a box grater] until the cauliflower resembles Cous Cous.
2) Pour the cauliflower Cous Cous and a spray of fry light into a frying pan large enough for all the cauliflower [Or fry in batches] cook on a medium heat covered for 5-8 mins. Or until at your desired softness
3) In a separate pan add all the veg ingredients and The Greedy Fox Mexican seasoning, fry over a med high heat until slightly charred and soft about 5 mins.
4) Add all to a big mixing bowl and gently mix, stir in the chopped herbs.
5) Scatter over the pomegranate seeds if using.
Serve hot or cold, its your Cous Cous.