Mediterranean Sausage Casserole is a childhood memory in a bowl. Growing up its a smell i remember filling the house on those cold rainy nights through winter. This recipe easily fills 2 of your 5 a day and if you use lower fat sausages it is even healthier.
8 of your favourite thick butchers sausages
500gr Mixed root vegetables. Here we used 2 small parsnips, 2 carrots, 2 small potatoes, 1 Small swede. All chopped roughly the same size.
1/2 Red pepper roughly diced
1 medium onion roughly chopped
1/2 Green pepper roughly diced
400gr Tin chopped Tomatoes
250ml Chicken stock.
1 heaped tbsp flour
Pre Heat slow cooker on low.
1. In a large frying pan brown off the sausages and set aside. If there seems a lot of fat left in the pan drain some away.
2. Sauté the onions and peppers in the same pan over a medium heat until soft.
3. Stir in the flour and The Greedy Fox Mediterranean seasoning and cook for a minute.
4. Add in the vegetables mix to coat them in the seasoned onion and pepper mixture.
5. Pour in the chopped tinned tomatoes and the chicken stock mix well.
6.Carefully pour mix into the slow cooker and add the sausages
7. Cover with the lid and cook for 6 hrs
We serve this with steamed broccoli, green beans and peas.