This recipe uses our Mexican Seasoning to create a stunning Lentil Chilli. The whole recipe is entirely Vegan but don’t be put off if you are a meat eater, the lentils soak up the flavour of the seasoning and make a truly mouth watering chilli. There are so many varieties in the way you can serve this one too, add to tacos, service with boiled rice, add to tortilla chips for delicious nachos plus we always have the leftovers on a jacket potato the next day.
Recipe Cost: £2.37
Cost Per Portion: £0.40
A Medium white onion-diced
1 Red pepper-roughly diced
400g Tin chopped tomatos
1 tin kidney beans (drained)
400g Tin Brown lentils (drained)
1/2 Tin [use the empty brown lentil tin] veg stock
Handful of fresh Coriander
1-2 tsp of The Greedy Fox Mexican seasoning
1-2 teaspoon rape seed oil
1) Cook the onions and peppers in 1-2 teaspoon of rape seed oil on a med heat until onions are translucent
2) Add The Greedy Fox Mexican Seasoning and stir through.
3) Add the tinned tomatoes, lentils and kidney beans fill lentil tin half way with veg stock and add to the chilli.
4) Simmer for 15 mins until thick and beans are soft but still hold their shape
5) Stir through the chopped coriander at the end of cooking.
This stunning Lentil Chilli is brilliant served over rice or in as nachos or even as a filling for the humble jacket spud.
Remember our kits are multiple use meal kits, one pot will make between 4 and 5 delicious family meals. Our seasoning blends are also perfect for people who meal prep, making your food tasty and healthy. They contain no additives or nasties and whilst we cannot guarantee any cross contamination (but rest assured we are working on it), our daughter is coeliac so our products are naturally gluten free.