Huevos Rancheros has got to be our all time favourite breakfast, using The Greedy Fox Mexican Seasoning. It its filling, low fat and incredibly tasty. Its the perfect start to the day and very, very easy. We serve with toasted tortilla wraps cut into segments but you can serve on toast and if you would rather have a bit of meat in your breakfast then Chorizo would be the perfect partner.
Cost Per Portion:£0.36
1/2 large white onion
1-2tsp The Greedy Fox Mexican Seasoning
A Pepper (any colour)
1 Vegetable Stock Cube
1 tbsp Tomato Puree
2 Tins of chopped tomatoes
4 eggs (or however many you choose)
1) Dice the onion and pepper and fry over a low heat until the onions are translucent and the peppers soft. (use any oil of your choosing).
2) Add 1-2tsp of The Greedy Fox Mexican Seasoning
3) Crumble a veg stock cube into the pan
4) Add the tomato puree, mix well and cook for a further minute until the onions and peppers are well coated.
5) Add the chopped tomatoes
6) Cook for 10 minutes until reduced and thick
7) Make wells (a little hole to place your egg) equal to the number of eggs you are using in the mix and crack your eggs in.
8) Cover and simmer on medium heat until the eggs are set to your liking.
Huevos Rancheros is delicious served with Toasted tortilla wraps and soured cream.
Remember our kits are multiple use meal kits, one pot will make between 4 and 5 delicious family meals. Our seasoning blends are also perfect for people who meal prep, making your food tasty and healthy. They contain no additives or nasties and whilst we cannot guarantee any cross contamination (but rest assured we are working on it), our daughter is coeliac so our products are naturally gluten free.