Cauliflower cous cous is on of those things that if you have ever been on well known Slimming plans, you will hear about a lot! The problem with it is that it can be very bland, our recipe changes that and gives you a delicious very low fat, low carb gluten free alternative to rice
Serves 4 as a side
Recipe Cost: £2.18
Cost Per Portion: £0.55
1 Medium cauliflower cut into bitesize chunks. Remove as much of the tough stalks as possible.
1-2 tsp The Greedy Fox Moroccan Seasoning (Or whatever Greedy Fox seasoning takes your fancy, we think the Mexican works beautifully with this too)
1/2 Red pepper diced
1/2 Small white onion roughly diced
Handful chopped parsley
Handful chopped coriander
1/2 pomegranate seeds [optional]
Fry light or your oil of choice.
1) Pulse cauliflower in a blender [If you haven’t got a blender use the course side on a box grater] until the cauliflower resembles Cous Cous.
2) Pour the cauliflower Cous Cous and a spray of fry light into a frying pan large enough for all the cauliflower [Or fry in batches] cook on a medium heat covered for 5-8 mins. Or until at your desired softness
3) In a separate pan add all the veg ingredients and The Greedy Fox Mexican seasoning, fry over a med high heat until slightly charred and soft about 5 mins.
4) Add all to a big mixing bowl and gently mix, stir in the chopped herbs.
5) Scatter over the pomegranate seeds if using.
Serve hot or cold, its your Cous Cous.
This Cauliflower Cous Cous is great served with Moroccan Lamb Kofta by The Greedy Fox
Remember our kits are multiple use meal kits, one pot will make between 4 and 5 delicious family meals. Our seasoning blends are also perfect for people who meal prep, making your food tasty and healthy. They contain no additives or nasties and whilst we cannot guarantee any cross contamination (but rest assured we are working on it), our daughter is coeliac so our products are naturally gluten free.